Saturday 28 June 2014

Some things matter ...

Too Much Dark Matter, Too Little GrayToo Much Dark Matter, Too Little Gray by Mike Robinson
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

As daunting as it is to be the first reviewer on Goodreads, I shall try to do this justice!


Thank you Curiosity Quills Publishing for the opportunity to read an eARC of this book, in return for an honest review. In all honesty, I really enjoyed this collection.

Mike Robinson has drawn together a crisp little collection of short stories, all with a slightly unsettling theme. Thanks to this book, I don't think I will be able to walk through night-darkened city streets, or smugly take my solipsism for granted, for a while. This compendium contains 19 delicious offerings, each serving up a slice of a universe where things are just a little bit ... wrong. I love a good collection of short stories, and generally find a few favourites and at least one dud per collection - but not this time. Some were admittedly stronger than others, but, all in all, Mr Robinson has put together a sound collection of really top-notch stories, without any drag. I would recommend this collection to fans of the Twilight Zone, or anyone who suspects, deep down, that the world is not really exactly what they tell you it is - whoever "they" are.

Bring me more Mike Robinson, please.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment