Sunday 29 June 2014

The Scroll (The Gateway Chronicles #5)The Scroll by K.B. Hoyle
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

THE SCROLL is the penultimate book in THE GATEWAY series by K.B. Hoyle.

What can I say? This is the best book yet.

Ms Hoyle has built a fascinating world full of rich characters and an exciting adventure tale full of mystery, hope, despair, complicated relationships and terror.

Seventeen year old Darcy returns to Alitheia with her five companions Sam, Amelia, Perry, Lewis and Dean, each Sunday afternoon during their shared annual family holiday. This year is no exception.

In Alitheia we meet old friends and new and Darcy and her crew face dangers both foretold and un-looked-for

I won't offer any spoilers, but I will say this is a hair-raising, rollicking tale. It has none of the slight pacing problems of some of its prequels, nor are there too many literary devices delivering unexpected outcomes.

My favourite of the series so far and I cannot wait for the finale. .

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment