Sunday 17 February 2013

It's a Keeper.

Museum of Thieves (The Keepers, #1)Museum of Thieves by Lian Tanner
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is an excellent novel for young readers. I purchased it for my 10 yo son and, as I am wont to do, read it before he did. I am looking forward to discussing it with him, once he reads it as well. The characters are engaging, if a little lacking in depth - but given the premis of the novel, depth is hardly to be expected in either the female or male protagonists. I hope some depth will develop over the series - a parallel density of characterisation and experience. I think we have more to learn about the other keepers as well. Overall the concepts and the world are plausible, and there are useful analogies for 'helicopter parents' and those who hold the guard chains on their children with varying degrees of laxity. I look forward to further exploration of this world.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment